Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The PowerPoint Prodigy

Hi guys. Today I'm going to talk about how I got started drawing on PowerPoint. I've always been an artist, but one day in the summer of 2006 I stumbled upon a website with drawings of penguins made on the computer. The website and its drawings were created by a man that goes by the username of Qazar. I was astounded by not only the artwork but the medium. I found a video on YouTube of Qazar drawing a penguin on PowerPoint. I watched very closely to see what tools he used and how he made the drawings. I quickly adapted to the program and became familiar with the tools.

I then taught myself how to use more complex tools and how to edit the shapes. Other than the basics that I saw on that YouTube video, I learned everything by teaching myself. I learned not only about PowerPoint, but art itself (color schemes, perspective, shading). I became very fond of the program and later taught myself to make slide-by-slide animations and short movies. I even taught a class on how to animate in PowerPoint when I was in 6th grade.

I've changed immensely in the past 2 years in style. I've gotten a steady hand on making jagged lines with a scribbling mouse, and a logical system of creating smooth curves and sharp points with the freeform tool.

All in all, the PowerPoint experience is a learning one. There's always much to learn about designing, and PowerPoint is a great classroom for it.

Stay bright
—Alex Eskimo

No comments:

Post a Comment