Monday, January 21, 2013

One from 2006

Hi everyone. Today I want to talk about getting started. I started drawing on the computer about 6.5 years ago in 2006. When I started out, I drew things from the game Club Penguin. I was entertained by drawing penguins and rooms. I went into my PowerPoint files and found the oldest drawing that I have saved. Its not the first thing I ever drew, but its only with a few months of experience. Now, keep in mind that this was 6.5 years ago when I was only in 4th grade...



I almost find it funny that I used some of the default Word Art choices! I also find it funny that I used the curve tool so much...and I can't believe how often I used autoshapes...and what poor color schemes I chose...and my poor use of gradients...and my lack of shading.

As you can see, I've gotten better since I started out and I want you all to remember that you won't start out as a top-notch designer. Practice makes perfect. You need to keep working at it and you will get better and better.

Stay motivated
—Alex Eskimo

No comments:

Post a Comment